Wherever you are with your stress levels and your journey towards stress mastery, one thing will always remain certain: mastering stress is a journey that requires work, but over time, it also delivers a profound payoff.
Because your ability to access inner peace can be greatly enhanced by meditating, I’ve created a short meditation you can use whenever you need a quick, mental and emotional reset. To listen or download, click here.
Research proves that when people commit to regular meditation, some amazing changes start to happen—both neurologically and physically. Here’s the short list of what happens with a consistent mindfulness practice:
- Slows our breathing patterns down (allowing us to be relaxed more often)
- Reduces our anxiety levels
- Helps us reduce age and race discriminations and biases
- Reduces recurring depression to levels comparable of those who take antidepressants
- Helps us feel better about our bodies
- Improves our brain power
- Helps us focus better
- Significantly impacts clinical symptoms associated with gastrointestinal disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD)
When we practice mindfulness, we are also increasing gray matter in our hippocampus, a region in the brain responsible for making us self-aware, compassionate and introspective. (If that intrigues you, read these fun 25 facts about gray matter, too!)
This means we’re truly expanding our brains!
If you haven’t been practicing meditation or if you’ve been wondering if it’s all hype and no substance, the proof is in the data. Click Here for a quick meditation to help get you started. If you commit to doing this even just once a day for the next week, I promise that you’ll notice a shift in the way you think about and respond to stress.
Take good care : )